As a Grocery Sales Representative for Acosta Berg you'll have the chance to influence an entire industry. How's that for impact? We are looking for seasoned sales professionals to join our winning team. You will act as the primary customer contact by executing market strategy, selling, and promoting a leading manufacturer of consumer goods in supermarket chains in the Maryland market.
The incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following Acosta values:
People Minded – Must show dignity and respect to all people
Integrity – Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical behavior
Results Oriented – Must show passion, pride and commitment to succeed
Trust – Must be honest, sincere and confident
Teamwork – Must build trusting relationships
Innovation – Must progress through a combination of creativity, common sense and vision
Balance – Must maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective on what is important in life.
· Stimulate market growth through coverage of grocery stores and supermarkets.
· Maintain inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory, observing stock levels, prompting store managers to reorder when supply is low.
· Verification that merchandise is displayed appropriately with proper signage and favorable shelf placement. This includes setup, as well as the stocking, fronting, facing, and rotating of the manufacturer's products.
· Introduce new product promotions, gain agreement and support from the store managers, secure preferred product placement, re-merchandise, place signage, and generate product awareness with management and employees.
· Manage sales, distribution and merchandising of our brand portfolio within an assigned territory
· Conduct professional product presentations to current and prospective Retail customers
· Place product orders and expand product offerings to retailers
· Achieving sales goals and brand building presence
· Building lasting relationships with store managers by providing expert consumer insights and advice
· Utilize iPad technology for reporting all inventory/sales made daily and weekly
Work Experience Requirements:
· Route, field, or grocery sales experience a plus
· Professional sales approach
· Knowledgeable and passionate about exceptional client service and exceeding sales goals
· Outgoing and assertive personality
· Exceptional time management skills, excellent communication skills and organizational skills required
· iPad technology skills
· MUST have a valid driver's license & reliable vehicle